After an intensive screening process and rigorous deliberation, twenty (20) individuals were identified to have created remarkable contributions and impact on eradicating the HIV and AIDS epidemic in the Philippines and Asia.
Officially called as Ripplers, these twenty (20) individuals were nominated by the HIV-AIDS advocacy community and deliberated by top caliber HIV practitioners and advocates who sat as panel of judges.
Out of the top 20 Ripplers, ten (10) of them will be honored and vie for the pioneer Ripple Awards for their outstanding efforts and initiatives. Judges of the Ripple Awards include a UNAIDS and a World Health Organization top officials.
The 20 Ripplers are chosen based on their contributions to their respective sectors which largely help improve the landscape of the entire advocacy.
1. Faustine Luell ‘Paji’ Tupas Angeles (PLHIV, Youth)
2. Sherwin Baniqued (PLHIV, NGO, Youth)
3. M.A. Buendia (Influencer, Media & Advertising)
4. Ana Theresia “Risa” Hontiveros-Baraquel (Government)
5. Billy Santo (Government)
6. Biggie Curvie (Influencer, Youth)
7. Tanya Laguing (NGO)
8. Jebsen Rederri Go Gamido (PLHIV, NGO)
9. Gilbert Yang (Academe, Medical)
10. David Lozada (Media & Advertising)
11. Diday Alcudia (Media & Advertising)
12. Enrique Tayag (Government)
13. Donna Catherine Ortiz (Medical)
14. Katerina ‘Doc Kate’ Leyritana (NGO, Medical)
15. Angelou Marie Estrella (Youth)
16. Elena Felix (PLHIV)
17. Roberto Figuracion (NGO)
18. Jhen Latorre (Influencer)
19. Angelina ‘Angie’ Mead King (Business, Influencer)
20. Conrad Oca (Business, NGO)
Full profiles of the Ripplers will be released in the coming days so you can get to know them and their accomplishments.
About the Ripple Awards
The first-ever Ripple Awards will take place during the Love Gala –Asia’s Premier Charity and Awards event on 1 December 2017 at BGC Arts Center in Taguig City.
The Ripple Awards symbolizes how an act of love done by an individual can start ripples that turn into waves of positive change saving millions of people from HIV and AIDS.
Apart from the Ripple Awards, Love Gala is the new highlight of the country’s commemoration of the World AIDS Day, wherein donor-guests will also be treated to exclusive performances, a world class fashion show, Filipino artistry, and many more!
To take part in this most prestigious event, you can now reserve Love Gala tickets. Help fight the growing HIV epidemic as ten percent (10%) of the ticket prices will go to charity.
The Love Gala is a collaboration of private and public institutions and youth-oriented organizations to augment the efforts in bringing the HIV-AIDS advocacy to a larger mainstream audience.